To start off with, I discovered this fun Q & A (on this blog), and thought I’d pass it along with my own answers. All answers are to be given using the titles of books you’ve read in the past year. So here we go!:
1) Describe yourself: The Tapestry, by MaryAnn Minatra
2) How do you feel: Rescuing Ambition, by Dave Harvey
3) Describe where you currently live: The Country of the Pointed Firs, by Sarah Orne Jewett
4) If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Wonderland Creek, by Lynn Austin
5) Your favorite form of transportation: Bread Upon the Waters, by Anne de Graaf
6) Your best friend is: All Creatures Great and Small, by James Herriot
7) You and your friends are: ?
8) What’s the weather like: A Voice in the Wind, by Francine Rivers
9) You fear: Five Children and It, by E. Nesbit
10) What is the best advice you have to give: ?
11) Thought for the day: Pearl in the Sand, by Tessa Afshar
12) How would you like to die: Your Beautiful Purpose, by Susie Larson
13) Your soul’s present condition: Pollyanna Grows Up, by Eleanor H. Porter
In all, I accomplished reading 27 books (including both fiction and non-fiction). That may not seem like a lot, especially in a book lover’s blogger world where it is not uncommon to read of people reading 200+ books in 12 months. I often say I’m no speed reader. For me, this was a record I hadn’t accomplished since 2004, so I felt pretty good about myself! You can look at my reading list by clicking here, but I did not list all titles I read in 2013 for the sake of my own privacy. I have many of these titles’ (from my 2013 reading list) book reviews typed up and saved, ready to go for the coming year, so be sure to check in once and while or subscribe to booklearned!
Looking back over my year in books, I would say it was characterized by growing in leaps and bounds both with excellent secular and Christian self-help books, and wonderful fiction stories featuring strong, outstanding heroines. Here are some of my favorites (bold font indicates the book/author has entered my Top Faves lists):
And my favorite fiction winner of 2013… (drumroll)
What were some of your favorite reads of 2013?
Happy New Years!